“Let’s do some predictions for the Euros, will be quick, 15 minutes.”
Tack on another hour, mate.
Before recording our regular episode on the CL Final of 1995/96 (coming next week!) we sat down to talk about the upcoming Euro, or rather the ongoing one. Four matches in is still early enough for some predictions though!
Of course we went longer than expected, as we actually went through all the groups and most of the teams. Here’s the minutes and corresponding talking points:
- 0:01:30 Hipster teams
- 0:05:20 Picks for overall champion
- 0:13:45 England!!! expectations and Russia game
- 0:19:30 Wales and Bale
- 0:27:45 Northern Ireland and Will Grigg
- 0:32:15 Belgium to disappoint
- 0:35:30 Austria to surprise
- 0:45:00 Top goalscorer, Player of the Tournament
- 0:54:00 Best hair/ best jersey
- 1:01:30 Will anybody wear black shoes?
Further reading suggestion: Language of Football’s Euro series on the linguistic profiles of the participating countries.